Paris, France – 21 January 2021
Atos welcomes the French government’s initiative and is very pleased to take part in the enhancement of the national strategy on quantum systems, announced these days by President Emmanuel Macron.
With unique abilities in Europe and modern systems these kinds of as the Atos Quantum Finding out Machine (Atos QLM), the world’s most impressive quantum simulator, Atos is previously functioning carefully with national players these kinds of as GENCI (Grand Equipement Countrywide de Calcul) and the CEA (Commissariat à l’Energie Atomique), as well as the commence-up Pasqal. The national quantum strategy now offers Atos the prospect to speed up its Atos Quantum software and bolster its contribution to the French quantum ecosystem, with a see to supplying its prospects the first benefits of quantum computing in the NISQ (Noisy Intermediate-Scale Quantum) era as quickly as achievable.
“The strategy announced these days for the enhancement of quantum systems is really extraordinary and we are extremely honored to have been related with this announcement. Quantum computing claims considerable progress in strategic spots for our society, these kinds of as health, chemistry, finance and the fight towards international warming and decarbonization. Faced with these important socio-economic challenges, it is crucial to set up community-personal partnerships and foster cooperation between governments, tutorial scientists, end users and personal companies. France’s national strategy is equivalent to the revolution to appear and we are very pleased to be amongst the players who will take part in generating it a actuality,” explained Elie Girard, Atos CEO.
Atos’ contribution to the national quantum strategy will target on four spots:
- The enhancement of NISQ simulators and accelerators built-in into hybrid high-general performance computing platforms: capitalizing on the Atos QLM and its abilities in high-general performance computing, Atos has set the goal of furnishing a quantum accelerator linked to a supercomputer as early as 2023. On the other hand, innovation in quantum computing is not only about hardware but also about computer software. This is the route Atos is taking with the Atos QLM quantum simulation and computer software enhancement platform.
- Write-up-quantum cryptography: Atos is previously functioning on integrating put up-quantum algorithms into its cybersecurity products. Its do the job in this region will even more speed up the developments required to put together the hardware implementations of upcoming put up-quantum benchmarks.
- Worldwide cooperation: Atos has designed functioning in cooperation with upcoming industrial end users a priority of its Atos Quantum software. The Team is included in numerous tutorial projects, notably with the Institut d’Optique and INRIA. In parallel, its abilities and the Atos QLM add to numerous European applications, like the NEASQC (Subsequent Purposes of Quantum Computing) undertaking. As part of the national quantum strategy, Atos intends to leverage the knowledge received via these various projects to foster interactions between lecturers, technology providers and end users.
- Benchmarking: the quick and continuous emergence of new systems and ways to quantum programming is crucial for the enhancement of the sector, but also a supply of complexity for organizations wishing to devote. In 2020, Atos made Q-score, the first dependable, goal and good common metric to simplify the romance between technology end users and providers.
Atos founded a Scientific Council dedicated to Quantum. Users are:
- Alain Component, Professor at the Institut d’Optique Graduate Faculty and Ecole Polytechnique, Université Paris-Saclay
- David DiVincenzo, Professor at the Alexander von Humboldt College and Director at the Institute for Theoretical Nanoelectronics at the Juelich Investigate Center
- Artur Ekert, Professor of Quantum Physics at the Mathematical Institute at the College of Oxford and Founding Director of the Centre for Quantum Technologies (CQT) at the Countrywide College of Singapore
- Daniel Esteve, Investigate Director, CEA Saclay, Head of Quantronics
- Serge Haroche, Professor Emeritus at the Collège de France, Nobel Prize in Physics.
In the foreground, from still left to proper: Emmanuel Macron and Elie Girard
In the back again, from still left to proper: Cédric O, Bruno Le Maire, Amélie de Montchalin andFrédérique Vidal
To learn far more about Atos’ functions in the subject of quantum computing, click in this article.
Obtain the release in pdf
Atos is a international leader in digital transformation with a hundred and ten,000 personnel and annual income of € 12 billion. European amount a single in cybersecurity, cloud and high general performance computing, the group supplies personalized conclusion-to-conclusion methods for all industries in seventy three international locations. A pioneer in decarbonization expert services and items, Atos is fully commited to a safe and decarbonized digital for its shoppers. Atos operates under the makes Atos and Atos|Syntel. Atos is a SE (Societas Europaea), stated on the CAC40 Paris inventory index.
The function of Atos is to assistance structure the upcoming of the info house. Its abilities and expert services aid the enhancement of expertise, schooling and analysis in a multicultural solution and add to the enhancement of scientific and technological excellence. Across the world, the group allows its prospects and personnel, and customers of societies at big to are living, do the job and acquire sustainably, in a safe and safe info house.
Push make contact with: Marion Delmas | [email protected] | +33 6 37 sixty three 91 99